Herbs and Pepe

>> Monday, May 17, 2010

I wrote last Wednesday about the nasty cold I was battling. Adding insult to injury, our entire household came down with the stomach flu last week as well. So needless to say, there wasn't a whole lot to write about that would've been fit to read without a super strong stomach.

But, we're all on the mend and I had an opportunity to get out in the yard this weekend and plant my pots of herbs.



Last year I bought a pre-planted herb mix and we found that the basil couldn't grow fast enough for us... we were going through leaves like crazy! So this year, I made my own pots, planting four basils and two dill weeds, which seem to be the herbs we use the most. I also planted a humble little jalapeno plant (affectionately named "Pepe") in hopes of having some fresh jalapenos for salsa this summer. The marigolds are included in the mix in hopes of warding off nibblers.

I would love to have a larger garden and grow things like cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes and carrots, but for now, with our schedule, a few simple herbs is about all we can handle!

1 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks May 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Those are cute....we also plant some herbs and stuff too!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP