What I'm Lovin' Wednesday: Cold edition

>> Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bouncing back from my annual spring cold, so thought I'd share a few things that are helping me make it through.

Mucinex DM



This stuff knocks out a cough like nobody's business. It is also great for loosening up all the heavy, thick snot that can clog up your chest. Thankfully, this cold hasn't gotten to that point (which for me, then turns to bronchitis), but I am suffering from an annoying cough that keeps me up at night. This stuff quiets the cough better than any Robitussin or Vicks product I've tried.

Halls Sugar Free Cough Drops - Kiwi Apple



I am not a fan of cough drops, but when I have a cold, I usually need one as I go to bed to get past the dry air and give the Mucinex time to kick in. I stumbled across this Kiwi Apple flavor at Walgreens a year or so ago and now am never without them. They're harder to find than your average cough drop, so when I do spot them, I typically by a few bags just to keep them in stock.

Kiehl's Lip Balm - Coconut



One of the side effects of blowing your nose constantly and breathing out of your mouth at night is extremely chapped lips. We have several tubes of Chapstick floating around the house, and while it provides momentary relief, it doesn't do much to alleviate the problem. Within minutes of applying Kiehl's lip balm, my lips feel soft and smooth again. This stuff is a miracle in a tube and the coconut flavor is like a little vacation for your lips. (It comes in a variety of other flavors if you're not a tropical fan.)

Hopefully all in our household will be happy and healthy again in the next few days and I can share with you some more exciting things instead of cold products!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP