Vegas vacation

>> Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I just pulled the trigger and booked our family vacation. To Vegas. No, not exactly the destination one would think when planning a trip with a four year old, but Clean Fresh Hubby's sister is getting married there in July and while we debated leaving the child with my parents, it felt strange to think that all of his family would be at the wedding (kids too) and our daughter would be the only one missing. So, off to Vegas we will all go.

Clean Fresh Hubby and I used to go to Vegas every summer back in our early "pre-kid" days. Of course, it's been about eight years since we were last there, and this time we have our little traveling companion, so it really will be like seeing the city for the first time. I'm sure our daughter will get a kick out of seeing all the themed hotels.






And this will be her first ride on an airplane, so that ought to be fun (or a nightmare, not sure how that's going to play out!).

I know the city has changed a lot over the years, encompassing more family-friendly activities, so my goal over the next two months is to come up with an itinerary that we will all enjoy. Of course, the hotel pool will likely be where we spend the majority of our time, but given we're going in July and the temperature will be about 100 degrees, I figure we'd better have some other options!

I'm sure we'll log some time here:



And what's that I see next door? Margaritas by the foot? Well what kind of tourists would we be if we didn't check that out as well?

If you have any suggestions on planning a kid-friendly Vegas vacation, I'd love to hear 'em!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP