A case of the Mondays... on Thursday

>> Thursday, January 21, 2010

Work today is just that: work. My mind is not engaged, which is really a problem since I have back to back meetings all afternoon. And I actually just dozed off during a webinar. (This I will blame on the child since she has been visiting our room at 2 a.m. for the past several nights.)

I have a sweet gig, I realize that and do appreciate it. I work part time – one day at home, two days in the office – and I get to do “fun” projects like plan our corporate volunteer events, so I really have nothing to complain about. However, some days just seem to go smoother than others.

In addition to falling asleep over the phone, I ran into our corporate CEO in the cafeteria lunch line today. Always good for some awkward conversation. I started thinking how weird it must be to be the head of a large company and come downstairs to the cafeteria and have to mingle with the masses. I wonder if he would prefer to just grab his lunch and not have to talk to the sleepy volunteer coordinator who rambled on about miscellaneous stuff for a few minutes (much like this post, I’m realizing!). At least I gave him some distance down the hall so we didn’t have to ride up in the elevator together…

It is also review time at our office. Time to start working on goals for 2010, which made me realize I had no recollection of what my 2009 goals were. Whatever I wrote last year was probably preempted by another project, another request, another distraction. I know I accomplished things, but just not sure if they are the things I set out to accomplish! Isn’t that always the way of it?

Guess I’d better get these gripes off my chest now before my “Thanks, Not Cranks” bracelet arrives (read more on this interesting challenge at Another Suburban Mom). I fear it’ll be pretty impossible for me not to bitch about the weather (today is cold, rainy and icy), so I’m anticipating moving that bracelet between wrists quite a bit. This challenge would’ve been far easier for me in the spring!

In the meantime, must get ready for conference call number two of the day. I’ve had lunch and am feeling full, so I might have to resort to pinching myself to keep from nodding off again!

1 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks January 22, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

I am getting one of those braclets too! No more BITCHING here!!!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP