Polar prison

>> Wednesday, January 13, 2010


Have I mentioned how much I hate winter? I am a bit more tolerant during the holidays, the whole white Christmas thing and all, but by January, I'm done. Spring please!

So as I stare out my kitchen window at this polar prison we are now stuck in, I'm longing for all the joys of summer:

* Runs along the river
* Bike rides that end at the ice cream shop
* Barbeque and cold beers
* Sun-kissed skin instead of wind-burned
* Shorts and tank tops instead of heavy coats, scarfs and gloves
* Walks to the park
* Dinner on the patio
* Naps in the sun
* Afternoons at the pool

For now I'll have to settle for snuggling under a blanket with my peanut. Which is about the only positive thing I have to say about winter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP