The party dress

>> Wednesday, March 24, 2010

For her birthday, one of the things my parents got my daughter was a party dress. Black and white gingham with a big pink bow and layer upon layer of pink tulle underneath to give the skirt a full effect. When she opened it, I thought "cute, but really not practical." Then she opened the rest of her gifts where she received several cute ensembles perfect for school and play.

Fast forward three weeks and I am here to report that the birthday present that has gotten the most use is that black and white party dress. She wears the dress EVERYWHERE. To the grocery store. To a dive pizza place for dinner last weekend. To school. To the park. The dress has gotten some serious mileage. In fact, there have been several instances where I feel a bit sheepish about my own outfit when we're out in public. At Trader Joe's last week we looked a bit mismatched... an adorable four year old in her party dress, jewelry and sparkly shoes, and her mother, fresh from a workout, just running out for a few last minute groceries in her exercise attire!

We're into the sixth straight day of wearing nothing but that dress. My goal is to sneak it out of her room tonight so I can get it in the laundry before she wakes up in the morning (and fingers are crossed that it washes well... I can just see the tulle being a problem!).

I'm sure the fascination with the dress will pass and we'll be able to bust into some of the other cute outfits she received. But for now, if you see us out and about, I'm the gal standing behind the little girl in the party dress.

1 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks March 24, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

My daughter does that too....goes crazy over one thig for a week or so and then it's on to something else....hey I think she gets that from me!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP