A big bowl of YUM!

>> Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dinner at our house last night was super simple: a big bowl of guacamole.



Our favorite mexican restaurant always plays around with their guacamole, adding in fresh fruit for a different twist. I decided to do my own experimenting last night, with excellent results! Here's the recipe I used:

Strawberry Guacamole
3 ripe avocados
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 plum tomatoes, diced
5-6 ripe strawberries, diced
dash of salt
splash of lime juice

Throw everything in a bowl and stir until the avocados are creamy. Add a dash of salt and a splash of lime juice (to your taste).

I've made this with pomegranate seeds instead of strawberries, which was also excellent (Trader Joe's sells a convenient pack of just the seeds so you can avoid having to mess with the entire fruit). We've also used red grapes, another tasty version, as well as blood orange chunks. All delicious!

I absolutely adore El Milagro tortilla chips. They're super tasty and remind me of the chips we enjoy every time we're in Mexico. In fact, eating this for dinner last night made me a little giddy for our upcoming trip this June! Since I don't eat seafood (and most of the restaurants where we go are seafood-oriented), I tend to indulge in a lot of guacamole when I'm on vacation. I come back tan, with a slight tint of green! (Kidding, of course!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP