Wine Wednesday: Partying with old favorites

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This past Saturday, we celebrated our daughter's 4th birthday by hosting a big bash for family and friends - about 30 guests total. In years past, I've made a big dinner from scratch, but in the interest of my sanity, this year we decided to keep it simple and just order some pizzas (and because I couldn't just let it be, I did whip up some pasta, salad and appetizers... I have a problem, really, I do!).

As for beverages, we decided to keep that simple as well and go with our tried and true favorites: Layer Cake Shiraz and Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc.



I've featured both of these wines as part of previous Wine Wednesdays, so I won't repeat what I said originally. I will just add that both were BIG hits with our family and friends. My sister, who is more of a foofy drink drinker, helped me plow through the Kim Crawford, while a girlfriend, who typically prefers a pinot noir, was quite taken with the Layer Cake Shiraz. And one of Clean Fresh Hubby's guy friends forsake beer in favor of the shiraz. How often does that happen?

Anyway, the party was a success thanks to good food, good friends and good wine. And if you haven't tried either of these wines yet, please do. You won't be disappointed!

1 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks March 10, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

I still can't find that Kim wine.....I have been looking!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP