How a shopaholic is born

>> Monday, April 5, 2010

My daughter raked in some cash over the Easter weekend (growing up, our eggs never had money in them... gotta love grandparents!). Usually any money my daughter receives goes right into her bank, but today, I took her to Target and let her pick out any toy she wanted... that of course fit in her "budget" of ten dollars! We wandered the two main toy aisles of interest to young girls: Barbie and the Disney Princesses. Back and forth we went, seriously contemplating all the options, until she finally struck upon this:



Up we trotted to the checkout, me with my laundry soap, her with the latest batch of Princesses to invade our house. I let her go first, so she carefully placed the box on the conveyor, then stood patiently holding out her $10 bill. The total came to $10.74, so I quickly fished out $.75 from her bag of coins and she gave them to the cashier, who in turn gave my daughter the receipt and her penny change. The look of pride on my daughter's face was absolutely priceless!

As we walked out of the store, she turned to me and said "Mom, that was really fun. I want to do that again!" And so, another shopaholic is born!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP