Eating (and enjoying) our greens

>> Monday, April 19, 2010

Back on track with cooking this week and first off will be one of our absolute most favorite salads:

Mixed greens with strawberries, carmelized onions and pecans



I start by chopping up a red onion, then add it to a pan with some butter, cooking it for about 30 minutes until it carmelizes. Then I toss the onions and chopped strawberries with some mixed greens and candied pecans and what is probably the best salad dressing ever, Nordstrom's Dark Cherry Balasamic Vinaigrette.



This recipe was actually born from lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe. Their version is served with grilled chicken and goat cheese, which was my favorite thing on their menu until I gave up the meat and dairy. So I modified at home and the result is just as tasty. I served it at quite a few family functions over the past month and it always gets rave reviews.

This salad is one of Clean Fresh Hubby and I's favorite meals, so it is definitely on the menu this week. Healthy and delicious, it doesn't get much better than that!

1 comments:

Another Suburban Mom April 19, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

That looks so yummy I am going to have to buy that dressing.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP