Wine Wednesday: Another New Zealander

>> Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's party season at our house... between birthdays, holidays and anniversaries, it seems there is always some sort of planning going on.

This past weekend, we hosted my family for dinner on Saturday night - "preEaster" as Clean Fresh Hubby deemed it. This dinner was thrown together at the last minute, so I didn't have a chance to hit Costco for my Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. I instead perused the selection of New Zealand wines at our local supermarket and decided to give this one a go:

Starborough Sauvignon Blanc



At $8.99 for a bottle (on sale), I figured it was a worthy experiment. Plus, it is from the same region of New Zealand (Marlborough) that my Kim Crawford is from, so it had to be pretty close, right?

Well....

The Starborough had hints of what I love about the KC... a fruity, almost grapefruity, undertone and a nice crispness, but it was a little sharper than what I'm used to with KC. The best way I can describe it is that this tasted like an under $10 bottle of wine. In a pinch, or for a party where you're serving lots of guests and budget is an issue, this wine would be serviceable. But for sitting around on the weekend, relaxing, I will make sure my wine rack is stocked with the good stuff!

1 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks April 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

I have seen this...thanks for sharing! I will not be buying that one :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP