What I'm Lovin' Wednesday... Trader Joe's edition

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back with another edition of "What I'm Lovin' Wednesday" and today I'm focusing on some Trader Joe's goodies that I am currently hooked on.

Low Fat French Toast



My daughter is hooked on frozen breakfast foods. It isn't a morning if she doesn't have a frozen waffle or pancake to throw in the toaster oven. I've been attempting to steer her tastes towards healthier, organic options and so far, the only substitute I've found are vanilla waffles from Whole Foods. Given it takes about 30 minutes to get to our local WF, I needed to find another alternative. We've tried the frozen waffles at Trader Joe's, but even I have to admit, they weren't that great. And my daughter turned her nose up at them immediately.

Thankfully, she was open to trying french toast. And I have to say, this french toast from Trader Joe's is absolutely delicious! I found myself toasting up a slice for me while preparing her breakfast. It is made with a four-grain bread and there is nothing scary or unpronouncable in the ingredient list. I will be adding this to the shopping cart every week I'm sure.

Organic, Fair Trade Breakfast Blend Coffee



Continuing on with breakfast, nothing goes better with french toast than a cup of delicious coffee. Trader Joe's has quite a variety to choose from and we've sampled several. So far, this is the coffee I keep going back to. Organic and fair trade are a bonus, but what it boils down to is this is just a great cup of joe. A little stronger than Dunkin' Donuts, but not so strong that it'll put hair on your chest (like Starbucks).

Bruschetta topping



Need a fast, quick and yummy appetizer? Look no further than this bruschetta topping. Paired with a crusty loaf of bread, this is some of the best bruschetta out of a jar I've ever had. It also works well as a pizza sauce; I use it to top a Boboli pizza crust, add a little mozarella and voila, a quick and easy dinner.

Panda All Natural Raspberry Licorice



Trying to eat healthy all the time can be a challenge and there are days when that nagging sweet tooth just won't give it up. Standing in the checkout a few weeks ago, I saw this display of raspberry licorice. I didn't pay it too much attention, but of course my daughter was enraptured by the panda bear on the box and begged me to get one. Being the total pushover that I am, we threw a box in the basket. Probably one of the best things she's suckered me into buying! It's all natural, only seven ingredients, and is sweetened with molasses. This licorice is perfect for those instances where you just need a little something sweet.

So there you have this week's edition of what I'm lovin'. Of course, this is just a handful of the products that bring me back to TJoe's week after week... perhaps I'll have to do a second edition in the coming weeks. If you have a TJoe's product that you adore, let me know and I'll add it to my shopping list!

1 comments:

Another Suburban Mom April 21, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

Awesomest decadent dessert ever-

Toast the TJ French Toast, slice in half and then spread it with chocolate peanut butter or nutella.

Serve with a teeny bit of organic vanilla ice cream.

Its yummy!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP