If we're being honest...

>> Monday, February 8, 2010

This weekend, after a couple bottles of wine, Clean Fresh Hubby and I started talking about kids and the possibility of having another. Perhaps it was the alcohol, but we both admitted that if we were being 100% honest, the only driving factor to having another child would be because our daughter talks so frequently about wanting a baby brother or baby sister.

As a parent, you want to be able to give your child everything. And if we choose not to have another baby, there is a small part of me that will feel like a failure, that we could've given her everything, but chose not to.

It is something I have been struggling with and I was relieved last night to hear hubby talk about the same struggle.

If we have another baby, I know we'll get through. And I know I'd love that baby just as much as I love my daughter. But the thought of going through it all again, of putting my life back on hold for another two years, scares me.

Sigh. To be continued, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks February 8, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

Do you only have one?

I felt the same way after my first and it was 5 years before I was ready for another one. But I have three now and I am so happy I do :)

Clean Fresh Mommy February 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Only one right now, so I have "only child" guilt.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP