Success!

>> Sunday, February 21, 2010

Many thanks to Veronica at Another Suburban Mom for sending me a different recipe to try in my quest for the perfect candied pecan. Today's nuts taste worlds better than the ones I made earlier this week!

They look better too. See:



Of course, I made a full batch. The picture above is my afternoon snack... yum! These are by no means healthy, but I figure if putting them on a salad helps me to enjoy greens that much more, than they are worth the few extra calories!

Here's the recipe I used:

1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves
1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1.Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease one baking sheet.

2.In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.

3.Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.

4.Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

I recommend letting them cool a bit before popping one in your mouth. Someone was a bit overexcited to try them and scalded the roof of her mouth. It was worth it though!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Another Suburban Mom February 22, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

You are welcome. I was glad I could help.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks February 22, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Oh hey I wanted to ask you if you knew what wine you were going to feature this week?

email me if you do and maybe I will see if I can find it too....

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP