Super easy dinner

>> Monday, February 15, 2010

Tonight was one of those nights where a salad just wasn't going to cut it for dinner. I needed something along the lines of, well, junk. After all, a girl can't exist on healthy food alone, right? Right?

Trader Joe's to the rescue. While shopping there last week, they did a demo of a quick and easy Enchilada Bake, so I pulled out the recipe card and decided to give it a whirl.

I believe it took me all of five minutes to throw this dinner together. Served up with some tortilla chips and it totally satisfied my need for some bad girl food. Ooey gooey and mexican. Doesn't get much better than that.



Basically, all you do is heat up a jar of enchilada sauce, mix in a can of white chicken chunks (break them up with a spoon), and a can of sliced olives. Heat this up and once bubbling, add in half a bag of tortilla chips. Break up the chips with your spoon and stir them into the enchilada sauce mix. Once everything is coated, top it with several handfuls of cheddar cheese, then cover the pan to allow the cheese to melt and the chips to soften (about three minutes).

Done.

I served it up with some tortilla chips on the side to give it some crunch. I think next time I might add in a can of Rotel tomatoes, but other than that, this was a super quick and easy dinner with ingredients I already had on hand. Gotta love that!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP