Tis the season and other ramblings

>> Monday, February 1, 2010

Last week, it was double ear infections for my daughter. Good times! Then this morning I awoke expecting to see an elephant sitting on my chest, because what else could be causing this horrible constriction? No elephant, just a lot of snot. If I could hock a really great loogie right now, I'd probably feel 100 times better. But I never mastered the art of loogie-hocking, so instead I choose to lay in the bed with my laptop, daughter and a cup of tea.

On a positive note, I did get a full nights sleep last night... no interruptions from the peanut, which is a huge relief. We're going through a "scared of the dark" phase, so for the past week or so, I get a 1 a.m. visit from a little robed munchkin who is talking about crazy shadows in her room. No matter how many times we demonstrate what a shadow is and how there is nothing to be afraid of, it doesn't seem to matter. I am going to have to blame Disney for this new-found fear... it appears to have developed shortly after we went to see "The Princess and The Frog." Damn shadow man in that movie! He sends shadows out to capture the frogs, so I'm sure that is where this originated.

In other news (since this is shaping up to be a rambling post), we had to go to a birthday party yesterday for the 3 year old daughter of relatively new friends. It was especially strange that they invited us, since it was a family party and we were the only non-family members there. Plus we've known these friends for less than a year, but have been invited to parties for both of their kids. But, the food was good and I enjoyed a couple glasses of wine, so I really can't complain.

My daughter, who has been pretty much potty-trained for the past year, decided to have an accident at this party (I believe she was enjoying the festivities too much to take the time to potty). She did make it to the bathroom, but the floodgates opened before she could get the undies and tights off. Thankfully the giant turd made it into the bowl in time. I was called on the scene for damage control, so after flushing above-mentioned turd down the drain, I proceeded to use handfuls of toilet paper to wipe up the pee puddle on the floor. I don't like cleaning the floor around my own toilet at home, so to be doing so at someone else's house is pure disgusting. Especially when a short and curly floated by. Ewwwwww.

Moving on...

A quick stop at grandma's since they live close to where the party was, and we were home for the night. Settled in and watched "The Grammy's." I haven't watched a music awards show in quite some time as I am very out of touch with what is current musically. But I did enjoy several performances last night, notably Lady Antebellum, Dave Matthews Band, and the Black-Eyed Peas. I'm not sure who decided to pair Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks together, but lord it was horrible. Taylor Swift's voice cannot compete with the grittiness of Steve Nicks (really, who could? Other than Lindsay Buckingham of course!). And I'm not a fan of rap, but I did find myself laughing out loud during the Eminem performance (I don't know the names of the other performers)... it was pretty much silence because the censors were having a field day muting out the obscenities. Didn't leave much for the at-home audience to listen to!

Well, time to check my work email, since I'm technically "working from home" today, then pull together breakfast for the peanut (yes, I blogged before feeding my child. I am a sick individual!). Wish me luck with the elephant.

3 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks February 1, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

Maybe I will not take my 3 year old to see this movie now....I don't need to be getting up with her in the middle of the night!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks February 2, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Guess what? I found the Show wine you had on here the other day...can't wait to try it!

Thank you!

Clean Fresh Mommy February 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

Can't wait to hear what you think of the wine!

As for the movie, it surprised me that it bothered her because she has seen other movies that I have felt were a tad more "scary." Not sure what did it this time, but last night she actually asked me to unplug her night light so it was completely dark in her room (no shadows). Go figure...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP