Various ramblings on a Friday

>> Friday, February 19, 2010

My daughter has a friend from school over today and the distraction has been heaven. I now understand why my friends are always so eager to invite my daughter over for play dates… it is amazing how much you get done when there isn’t a toddler pulling on your leg! I’ve gotten the entire house cleaned (bathrooms included) with absolutely no interruption, and now I actually have time to sit down at the computer and do a little work and web surfing. I told Clean Fresh Hubby to forget having a baby; I think we just need to adopt another four-year-old girl!

We are in dire of need of groceries, so pulling together lunch for the girls (one that I wouldn’t cringe about if the other little girl told her mom what she ate!) was tough. Thankfully there was a box of mac and cheese lurking in the back of the pantry. And for dessert, a couple of Thin Mint cookies that hubby hid in the freezer. My daughter of course wolfed these right down; the other girl didn’t like them, so I had to eat them for her. Darn! One lone applesauce in the fridge was a welcome substitute treat for her, so everyone is back upstairs playing happily.

Time now to make a grocery list and start thinking about my daughter’s fourth birthday party, which is fast approaching. I’m usually more on the ball about parties; for some reason this year, it has snuck up on me!

Her party is in two weeks and no invitations have gone out, no gifts bought, no planning done. We keep it to a family party, so at least I won’t be monkeying with goody bags, games and all that, but this year, the invite list has grown now that my family from Ohio will be making the trek over. That adds four people, plus we’ve invited some close friends as well, so I’m looking at dinner for 30 people. Yikes!

Usually I make all the food from scratch (last year was lasagna and homemade pizzas). But this year, I think I’m gonna have to phone it in and order pizzas or some other sort of takeout. I’m not sure my tiny kitchen (or me) can pull off a large-scale dinner party this year. Caving to takeout goes against the grain of me, but I’m woman enough to admit defeat!

Next weekend we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary, then her party is the following weekend, which means this weekend is my time to get all the party planning logistics figured out and under way. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP